Effective Date: August 17, 2018
TUNE, Inc. provides solutions for mobile and performance marketers.
U.S.—EU Data Transfers
TUNE has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles. See TUNE’s Privacy Shield Statement here. To learn more about Privacy Shield, please visit www.privacyshield.gov.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Why do we collect Information on the Websites?
When you visit the Websites, we automatically collect information about your computer or device and your use of the Websites to understand how to improve our Websites. We also collect any information you voluntarily provide when you visit the Websites to learn more about TUNE and its products, sign up for TUNE and its services and products, or apply for employment at TUNE. The type of information collected will depend on your request.
What Information does TUNE collect on the Websites?
When you visit the Websites, we collect and store information about you and your computer or device in log files. This information may be shared with third parties who help us analyze overall activity trends for analytics purposes and maintain the Websites. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies from these companies on an individual or aggregated basis. For more information about cookies and tracking pixels, and how to disable them, please see “End User Choice and Opt Out” below, and learn more about how to control your data via Heap, Intercom, Optimizely, Inspectlet, and Google Analytics. Heap, Intercom, Optimizely, Google Analytics and Inspectlet.
Here are the different categories of information that may be collected from your device by the Websites, or by partners, affiliates, and other vendors acting on our behalf:
- The type of browser you used to access the Websites
- The times you accessed the Websites
- The IP address of the device you used to access the Websites
- The pages on the Websites that you viewed
- The pages you visited before navigating to the Website(s).
- Information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Websites, including hardware model, operating system and version, and mobile network information
How do we Use Information Collected on the Websites?
We use the information we collect on the Websites for various purposes, including:
- Ensuring our Websites remain relevant to end user needs and are easy to use by providing analytics and other data regarding use of our Websites.
- Sending marketing and promotional communications in compliance with applicable laws.
- Enhancing, improving, or modifying our Websites and services, enhancing security, monitoring and verifying identify or service access, or combatting spam or other malware or security risks.
- Identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our marketing and promotional campaigns and expanding our business offerings.
- Providing confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, as well as all other support and administrative messages involved in your request or purchase of TUNE products and services.
- Alerting you to new products, special offers and promotions that may be offered by TUNE and our selected partners.
- Processing your payment for enrolled TUNE products and services.
- Keeping you informed about TUNE promotional events, like Postback.
- Registering your progress on courses taken at TUNE Academy.
- Contacting you regarding an open position at TUNE for which you had previously applied. If you wish to share a TUNE job post with your friend, we will collect their name and email address to send them a one-time email inviting them to view the invite. We do not store this information for any reason.
Links to Third Party Sites
- with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work for us and need access to your information to do their work such as providing customer support, processing payments, and storing data (e.g. Amazon Web Services). Any third-party vendor so used has agreed to protect the confidentiality of information provided by TUNE;
- if required to do so by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or court order or in the good-faith belief that such action is reasonably necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, or sale of company assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which information could be transferred to third parties as one of the business assets of the company.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information in a form that does not directly identify you or any end users with any third parties.
End User Choice and Opt-Out on the Websites
If you no longer wish to receive TUNE publications (e.g. newsletters, blog digests), you may opt out using the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each communication or by updating your preferences here. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations. We will respond to your opt out request to access within a reasonable timeframe.
Local Shared Objects (Flash Cookies) and Local Storage (HTML5) Opt Out
Third parties with whom we partner use Local Shared Objects (Flash cookies), and we and our third parties use Local Storage (HTML5) to provide certain features on our website, to display advertising based on your web browsing activity, and to store content information and preferences. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML 5. To manage Flash cookies, please click here.
We partner with third parties to display advertising on our website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites to provide you advertising based on your browsing activities and interests.
You may opt-out by visiting the website of that specific partner:
- Yahoo Gemini (Oath)
- Yahoo Japan (Japanese)
Security of Your Personal Information
We use reasonable efforts including a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure, both during transmission and once it is received. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at [email protected].
Data Retention, Use, Access, Corrections and Removal
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you TUNE services. If you wish to access, amend, correct, remove, or limit use of your information, contact us at [email protected] or by updating your preferences here. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Changes to This Policy
International Transfer of Data
In the process of providing services to you, we may transfer information that we collect to affiliated entities, or to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. By using the Websites or signing up for an account with TUNE, you consent to the transfer of your information to the United States.
2200 Western Ave., Suite 200
Seattle WA, 98121
CEO: Peter Hamilton
TUNE has also appointed an external ePrivacy GmbH as its external Data Protection Officer. For all requests concerning the security of your data, you can contact our data protection officer at “[email protected].” If you have a particularly sensitive request, please contact our data protection officer by postal mail (available below).
External Data Protection Officer
represented by Prof. Dr. Christoph Bauer
Große Bleichen 21, 20354 Hamburg