Effective Date: June 14, 2016
TUNE, Inc. provides solutions for mobile and performance marketers.
U.S.—E.U. Data Transfers
October 2015 update: TUNE is awaiting additional regulatory guidance for compliance for EU to US data transfers, given the European Court of Justice’s October 2015 decision on the Safe Harbor. In the meantime, we urge all clients to continue to obtain end user consent for data sharing with TUNE, and respect other privacy protections under EU law. You and TUNE are compliant during this period of uncertainty so long as you don’t upload or share personal data with TUNE products (e.g. email addresses that are not hashed or otherwise secured). See section 9.3 of the TUNE Master Services Agreement for more details.
Why do we collect Information on the Websites?
We collect any information you voluntarily provide when you visit the Websites to learn more about TUNE and its products, participate in TUNE Academy, or apply for employment at TUNE. The type of information collected will depend on your request. For example, if you sign up for a TUNE newsletter, we will ask for your name and email address. In contrast, if you are considering employment at TUNE and submitting a job application, we will collect other details such as your address and phone number.
What Information does TUNE collect on the Websites?
When you visit the Websites, we automatically collect information about your computer or device, and your use of the Websites, so that we can recognize you as as an end user and optimize your experience accordingly. We store this information in log files and may share this data with partners, affiliates, and other vendors, who help us analyze overall activity trends and administer the Websites, track end users activity on the Website for analytics purposes, and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies from these companies on an individual or aggregated basis. For more information about cookies and tracking pixels, and how to disable them, please see “End User Choice and Opt Out” below.
Here are the different categories of information that may be collected from your device by the Websites, or by partners, affiliates, and other vendors acting on our behalf:
- The type of browser you used to access the Websits
- The times you accessed the Websites,
- The IP address of the device you used to access the Websites
- The pages on the Websites that you viewed
- The pages you visited before navigating to the Websites.
Information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Websites-hardware model, operating system and version, and mobile network information. TUNE uses a variety of technologies to collect this data including cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts.
How do we Use Information Collected on the Websites?
We use the information we collect on the Websites for various purposes based on your request, including but not limited to:
- Ensuring our Websites remain relevant to your needs and easy to use by providing analytics and other data regarding your use of our Websites as an end user.
- Delivering TUNE newsletters, blogs and other content in response to your request.
- Providing confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, as well as all other support and administrative messages involved in your request or purchase of TUNE products and services.
- Alerting you to new products, special offers and promotions that may be offered by TUNE and our selected partners.
- Keeping you informed about TUNE promotional events, like Postback.
- Registering your progress on courses taken at TUNE Academy.
- Contacting you regarding an open position at TUNE for which you had previously applied . If you wish to share a TUNE job post with your friend, we will collect their name and email address to send them a one-time email inviting them to view the invite. We do not store this information for any reason.
You can log into our site using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share with us certain personal information, such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this Web site to your profile page to share with others within your network.
Links to Third Party Sites
- with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work for us and need access to your information to do their work such as providing customer support, processing payments, and storing data (e.g. Amazon Web Services). Any third-party vendor so used has agreed to protect the confidentiality of information provided by TUNE;
- if required to do so by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or court order or in the good-faith belief that such action is reasonably necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, or sale of company assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which information could be transferred to third parties as one of the business assets of the company.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information in a form that does not directly identify you or any end users with any third parties.
End User Choice & Opt-Out on the Websites
If you no longer wish to receive TUNE publications (e.g. newsletters, blog digests), you may opt out using the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each communication. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations. We will respond to your opt out request to access within a reasonable timeframe.
Local Shared Objects (Flash Cookies) and Local Storage (HTML5) Opt Out
Third parties with whom we partner, use Local Shared Objects (Flash cookies), and we and our third parties use Local Storage (HTML5) to provide certain features on our website, to display advertising based on your web browsing activity, and to store content information and preferences. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML 5. To manage Flash cookies, please click here.
We partner with third parties to display advertising on our website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites to provide you advertising based on your browsing activities and interests.
You may opt-out by visiting the website of that specific partner:
- If you live in the European Union, you may opt-out here.
Security of Your Personal Information
We use reasonable efforts including a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure, both during transmission and once it is received. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at email@example.com.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you TUNE services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Changes to This Policy
International Transfer of Data
In the process of providing services to you, we may transfer information that we collect to affiliated entities, or to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. By using the Websites or signing up for an account with TUNE, you consent to the transfer of your information to the United States.
2200 Western Ave., Suite 200
Seattle WA, 98121