Making a difference in the communities
where we live, work, and play
In addition to making amazing products that enable mobile marketers to dial-in marketing efforts, we’re also committed to serving the communities in which we live and work. TUNE Cares is our philanthropic program supporting education, the environment, diversity, and other important community causes.
Our commitment to community
We care for our communities across the globe, in cities where TUNE offices are located through volunteer service, donations and fundraising, and conscious consumption in our offices. Some of our community activities include:
- Participation in community clean-ups and habitat restoration.
- Creating eco-friendly kitchens through use of compostable dishes and silverware; selection of local, organic produce and sustainable, grass-fed meats; and use of recycling and composting bins.
- Collaboration with community organizations like the Pike Place Market Foundation, Plymouth Housing Group, CodeStarter, and others on community events, fundraising, and volunteering opportunities.
- Donating our time and food to support hungry, homeless, and other needy populations.
- Fundraising for a variety of charitable organizations and causes close to our hearts.
Our commitment to industry
We’re seriously passionate about evolving the tech industry, with particular emphasis on diversity, women in technology, and data security and privacy. With innovative thinking to solve complex challenges, we’ve achieved:
- Sponsoring the TUNE House, a University of Washington scholarship program that includes free housing, professional mentors and additional resources to support the studies of selected female students who are likely to pursue a career in computer science and information technology.
- Establishing an employee-led gender diversity initiative, We Lead, which is an extension of the company’s broader initiative to increase diversity in retention and advancement in technical and leadership roles, to bring a more diverse perspective to our work.
- Mentoring women transitioning into software development careers through Ada Developers Academy, fundraising for Seattle Women in Technology, teaching Girl Develop IT classes, and hosting overnight coding challenges for female students like We Hack.
- Hosting tours and educational events for local students.
- Engaging in and hosting hackathons to spark and support innovative thinking and application.
- Championing data security and privacy in mobile marketing, with regular events, communication, and training.
Our commitment to leadership
Those who dare to make a difference and demonstrate what’s possible are those who have the ability to empower others. That’s why we take care to develop our people into great leaders. Here’s how:
- Extending experience-rich internships, scholarships, and meaningful learning opportunities through TUNE House, Ada Developers Academy, the TUNE Internship Program, and the 100K Strong in Americas Sponsorship.
- Encouraging employees to serve on nonprofit and government boards, including the Mobile Marketing Association, the Internet Advertising Bureau UK, and University of Washington Alumni Association.
- Sharing expertise through professional speaking engagements — even learning to become a better speaker through in-house Toastmasters meetings.
- Educating ourselves and each other through hosting live, local training events like our School of Mobile road show, and providing thought leadership and expertise through published research and a stellar webinar program.
- Extending employees and mobile professionals the opportunity to become certified experts through the TUNE Qualification Program.
- Hosting regular technical community meetups and events.