Last year, I published a list of the 12 most talked-about industry articles shared in TUNE’s Slack during 2022. Well, I’m back with another list this year, but this time, I’m doubling it!
Every year, the TUNE team shares hundreds (if not thousands) of links to breaking news stories, LinkedIn posts, white paper downloads, and more across our company-wide messaging channels. The following content pieces were the most discussed and reacted to during 2023. They run the gamut from eye-widening and informative, to surprising and debate-fueling. So, without further ado, here are our picks for the top two affiliate industry stories from each month of 2023.
• How This DTC Baby Brand Cut Their CPA By Over 40% Through 3rd Party Quizzes
• Direct-to-Consumer Is Dying. It’s Time for a New Paradigm
• What’s a good trial conversion rate for in-app subscriptions in 2022?
• Roku partners with DoorDash to give users 6 months of free DashPass and shoppable ads
• Meaningful metrics: How data sharpened the focus of product teams
• Why Are You Seeing So Many Bad Digital Ads Now?
• How 16 Companies are Dominating the World’s Google Search Results (2023 Edition)
• Wirecutter tests new content on different platforms to increase affiliate revenue
• How A Minor Apple WebKit Tweak Can Send Ripples (Or Trigger Tsunamis) Across Marketing Tech
• The Perfect Product Page: Building a Best-in-Class PDP
• Paid Content in Commerce: Driving Advertising Revenue through Affiliate
• The Subscription Stack: Subscription Metrics
• NIL at Two: Two Years of Name, Image and Likeness in College Sports (download)
• FTC Updates Disclosure Guidelines for Affiliates and Influencers
• Evite’s Post-Pandemic Marketing Pivot
• One Year In, The Wall Street Journal’s Buy Side Is Fine-Tuning Its Affiliate Strategy
• No, outbound links won’t help your content rank better on Google
• How Wedding Giant The Knot Pulled The Veil Over Advertisers’ Eyes
• Learnings from Leading Growth Marketing (YouTube video)
• Under Review: The pros and cons of e-commerce verticals
Like every year before it, 2024 is sure to surprise and impress as we continue to watch our industry evolve. Thanks to all who keep us informed, and best of luck in the months ahead!
Last year, we introduced the TUNE Network and the benefits it offers over traditional choices. When you’re ready to hear more about what our network can do for your business, let us know at [email protected] or start a chat.
If 2024 is the first year you explore performance-based partnerships, check out 10 Mistakes to Avoid When Starting an Affiliate Program, a collection of advice from industry vets on what not to do when just starting out.
As VP of Sales at TUNE, Nate’s team focuses on enterprise sales for TUNE, an industry leading platform that provides brands, agencies, and affiliate networks the infrastructure to track and manage their partner marketing activities. Prior to TUNE, Nate worked in sales and client services at Tippr, one of the early group buying platforms, and Efinancial, an online life insurance brokerage. Nate received his BA in Social Sciences from Washington State University.