We’ve got some good news! Retention Reporting has been thoroughly revamped to be faster, easier to use, and more flexible. Give it a whirl! Improvements include:
- Better Performance: Reporting is more stable and faster than ever.
- More Flexible: Two types of retention are now viewable and retention by event (as defined by you), including purchases instead of just opens, can also be viewed!
- Classic Retention shows how many users from a cohort perform an event (open, purchase) a specific number of days after installing the app — best for apps used daily (think Gaming).
- Rolling Retention shows churn within an app by displaying % of users who have not definitively abandoned the app a specific number of days after installing the app — best for apps not used daily (think Travel, Retail, etc).
- Easier to understand: Colored retention balls have been replaced by an easier-to-read heat map table. The color of the cells in the table still indicates the percentage of people retained by date.
- Easier to use: Rather than having to comb through several dozen reporting fields to run your retention reports, we’ve removed much of the work by providing only the fields used in the vast majority of our clients’ reports. You can run retention reports by Mobile App, Partner, Campaign, Event, Publisher Partner, Country, and Region.
You can expect to see the improved Retention Report live in your account in early September.
Interested in learning more about the difference between classic and rolling? Read Understanding Retention Reports for more detailed definitions and use cases.
Attribution Analytics & App Store Analytics Now Appearing in Your TMC Account
Did you recently login and wonder, “Attribution Analytics? But I logged into MobileAppTracking!?” If so, not to worry, you’re still in the right spot!
A few weeks ago, we announced the new TUNE solution names to replace MobileAppTracking and MobileDevHQ. The name changes are currently being rolled out to the entire TUNE® Marketing Console suite, so you can expect to see Attribution Analytics, App Store Analytics and Cross-Promo a lot more often now.
Like this article? Sign up for our blog digest emails.
Becky is the Senior Content Marketing Manager at TUNE. Before TUNE, she led a variety of marketing and communications projects at San Francisco startups. Becky received her bachelor's degree in English from Wake Forest University. After living nearly a decade in San Francisco and Seattle, she has returned to her home of Charleston, SC, where you can find her enjoying the sun and salt water with her family.