What some people don’t realize about TUNE is that in addition to building technologies for marketers, we also build platform technologies for ad networks and partners to build their businesses. This puts TUNE in a unique position to understand how partners need to improve and operate to better serve marketers, and also provides a path to help streamline the workflow between marketers and their partners. Postback is our way of bringing both sides of the marketing and advertising industries together to make marketing better, for everyone.
“If you attended Postback last year — our annual event in Seattle — you saw something incredible happen. You saw the breadth of companies involved in the mobile conversation dramatically increase. You saw relationships that were only born a few years ago forge into powerful partnerships. You heard from futurist Ray Kurzweil on the future of technology and humanity. Most importantly, you saw an industry of people that love to work with each other, exploring new ways to reach audiences and make marketing so much better. Marketers have made this their conference, and we feel very lucky to help host.” – Peter Hamilton, Partner and CEO, TUNE
The memories we’re creating together will long outlast everything that happens over the next five years, which is why I’m excited to announce Postback 2017.
If this is your first time attending Postback, here is an overview to give you an idea of what to expect.
We limit the event to 1,000 attendees so you have a chance to meet and talk with everyone over the two days. Attendees span across marketers, CMOs, agency leads and advertising partners, from all over the world. You’ll be surprised how quickly the two days go by. By the end of day two, it feels like you’re saying goodbye to your summer camp friends.
Over the two days you’ll hear ideas, insights and techniques from 30 speakers on the main stage. There are also intimate breakout sessions to dive deeper into technical conversations and workshops to fine tune your marketing skills. Topics for Postback this year will include:
- Defining the right media mix
- Playbook for navigating traffic quality
- The convergence of web and app
- Mobile best: a dominating strategy across web and app
- Winning mobile in APAC
- The global mobile economy
- CMO Connect
- Keys to a successful mobile strategy
- Marketing and advertising; better together
If you missed #Postback16 check out Ketchapp’s talk ad monetization –https://t.co/NV6kFei249 pic.twitter.com/b3VBOYauVy
— Christian Calderon (@caldie) August 5, 2016
My new sounds: GeekWire at Postback: Mobile marketing and dating apps https://t.co/WL4jhQzwAj on #SoundCloud
— toddbishop (@toddbishop) July 22, 2016
“We have built our entire platform on HasOffers by @tune” – @kevinjonas #Postback16 pic.twitter.com/AdEhxUlMHx
— Micah Gantman (@mfg) July 22, 2016
Ray Kurzweil talking about AI transforming marketing for more relevance (and 3D printed hamburgers) #Postback16 pic.twitter.com/Z7L9qhSqSj
— alexandra kozloff (@koz935) July 21, 2016
We always schedule in plenty of time to network, and networking isn’t just a 15-minute coffee break. We have big open blocks between content sessions for you to explore, meet, and mingle.
You’ve probably heard about ‘the boat’ or about seeing ODESZA live in a private concert or about the #swansquad. Check out our Postback photos if you want to catch a glimpse of what to expect for networking this year.
Riders on the storm ??? #Postback16 See you next year! pic.twitter.com/ICfxFtcCRo
— Paul Malicki (@PaulMalicki) July 23, 2016
You can expect plenty of surprises at Postback. Last year we even kicked off the event with our own version of a Hamilton production.
Expect great music, special guests, and announcements from across the industry. Be one of the first to hear about – and start – all the industry buzz.
ICYMI at #postback16, check out #multiverse by @TUNE: https://t.co/LwtmWtOSlP pic.twitter.com/XIRcSD1DaI
— Tessa Kayser (@TessitaK) July 25, 2016
#TBT to that one time @RSherman25 made a surprise appearance at #Postback16, right before @rufussounds took the sta… pic.twitter.com/wkmOAR4S6b
— TUNEcareers (@TUNEcareers) September 30, 2016
There are three rules of Postback.
- Be open – we have a global audience attending Postback, from all parts of the industry. Do your best to set your differences and egos aside. Actually try to be open to new ideas and conversations. Don’t think about everything with a dollar sign. Be open to the possibility of rapid change and drastic changes in the way we interact with devices beyond mobile.
- Be social – attend everything! The social events are the memorable moments to really connect with others. When you leave Postback you should take with you at least one new strategic initiative and one new, hopefully lifelong, business relationship. We want you to remember Postback 20 years from now, and that is the only way you will.
- Party! – I know some of you may be feeling a little too old for parties, but do what you have to do to put your party pants on and remember what it was like to enjoy a good party.
Registration opens today and the ticket countdown starts now! If you want to learn more, stay tuned for more info as we start announcing details. Questions? Send me an email – [email protected].
Becky is the Senior Content Marketing Manager at TUNE. Before TUNE, she led a variety of marketing and communications projects at San Francisco startups. Becky received her bachelor's degree in English from Wake Forest University. After living nearly a decade in San Francisco and Seattle, she has returned to her home of Charleston, SC, where you can find her enjoying the sun and salt water with her family.