Have you heard? TUNE has been making the rounds on the podcast circuit!
Brian Marcus, VP of Global Marketing at TUNE, was recently a guest on “The Snyder Showdown.” Hosted by Chris Snyder, the show is billed as “the business podcast for people who hate business podcasts.” It’s a subversive, honest look at the backstories behind successful brands and the risks that were worth taking to get there.
Listen to the episode:
“067 | The Surging Affiliate Model with Brian Marcus of TUNE”
The episode follows another recent appearance by Brian on “The Daily Marketer,” a podcast that explores the human element behind different marketing strategies. Read our recap and find links to listen in here.
In this episode of “The Snyder Showdown,” Brian dives into the risks and rewards of affiliate marketing as he and Chris share their different experiences in the industry. The end result is a discussion that covers the performance industry from different sides of the coin — the advertiser and the platform, the affiliate and the network — but arrives at the same conclusion: affiliate marketing is the best kept secret in martech. It really is everywhere, and once you see it, you can’t unsee it.
Some highlights of the hour and a half episode include:
- DoubleClick’s acquisition of Performics, and its subsequent acquisition by Google
- Brian’s experiences launching the Google Affiliate Network while under the DoubleClick umbrella
- How BuzzFeed and other content publishers are using affiliate programs to monetize product coverage and drive sales
- How the coronavirus pandemic has pushed consumers to mobile payments through affiliates
- Insights into the history of the eBay affiliate program and how its paid media operations were run
- Why attribution is so important for establishing strong relationships
- How conversions are tracked in effective affiliate programs
“I can actually see a day where 80%, or at least 50% of an entire marketing team’s budget and time would be allocated to partnerships and affiliate marketing. I absolutely can see it.”Chris Snyder, “The Snyder Showdown”
What are your favorite podcasts about marketing and partnerships? Let us know in the comments below!
Becky is the Senior Content Marketing Manager at TUNE. Before TUNE, she led a variety of marketing and communications projects at San Francisco startups. Becky received her bachelor's degree in English from Wake Forest University. After living nearly a decade in San Francisco and Seattle, she has returned to her home of Charleston, SC, where you can find her enjoying the sun and salt water with her family.