Looking for your next podcast? You’re in luck!
Jakub Kubicka’s “The Daily Marketer” podcast explores the human element behind different marketing strategies, laying it out for listeners in real speak — no smoke-and-mirrors marketing talk allowed. Recently, TUNE’s VP of Global Marketing Brian Marcus had a chance to join Jakub to discuss great relationships in affiliate marketing. Both episodes of their two-part conversation are now available to stream or download.
In the first 36-minute episode, Jakub and Brian discuss everything from the birth of performance marketing to getting granular with networks, including:
- How the concept of performance marketing started, from the affiliates willing to take on CPA to the industry’s origins in search engine marketing
- Why affiliate marketing is an industry based on taking calculated risks
- What it means to be a “value-added pre-seller”
- Where publishers and brands play tug-of-war over customer loyalty
- Why there is a fear of disintermediation and sharing the “secret sauce”
- Advice for advertisers leveraging niche blogs, influencers, and publishers
And if that’s not enough to reel you in, here’s how Jakub described their conversion:
“Affiliate marketing is often considered the red-headed step-child of digital marketing, and puts a bad taste in many peoples’ mouths. Brian smashes this misconception to pieces and provides a very compelling case for anyone who wants to grow their customer base through what could be one of the best return on investment (ROI) channels for any startup.”
You can listen to the episodes on your favorite podcast platform:
- Part 1: Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Tune In
- Part 2: Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Tune In
Looking for more entertaining resources? Listen in as Brian talks affiliate marketing on another podcast here, or check out our list of 10 documentaries for digital marketers to watch now.
Never miss a thing!
Want the goods delivered straight to your inbox?
Sign up for our blog recap emails to stay in-the-know about digital marketing, analytics, and optimization.
Thanks for Subscribing!
Groundbreaking mobile content is headed to your inbox.
Becky is the Senior Content Marketing Manager at TUNE. Before TUNE, she led a variety of marketing and communications projects at San Francisco startups. Becky received her bachelor's degree in English from Wake Forest University. After living nearly a decade in San Francisco and Seattle, she has returned to her home of Charleston, SC, where you can find her enjoying the sun and salt water with her family.