Wow, what a show! New York truly is the city that never sleeps, and Affiliate Summit East 2022 attendees found out why firsthand.
It’s been a couple weeks since the show wrapped up, and the TUNE team has been feverishly following up with the over 100 sit-down meetings we had during the show!
TUNE sent Nate, Connor, Dan, Matt, Tie, and Taylor out to conquer Manhattan – and we did it with style!
On Monday, the team arrived quite literally via planes, trains, and automobiles. After some early bird meetings and a team dinner, the team was well-rested and ready to tackle the show.
On Tuesday, TUNE not only had a Meet Market table, but we also hosted dozens of meetings from our suite at the W Hotel, just steps outside the show floor.
Later Tuesday evening, and also at the W Hotel’s Living Room Bar, TUNE and Fluent hosted the “Network and Chill” Happy Hour event – which was a raving success! Everyone knows that TUNE throws the best affiliate events, and that was evident by brands in attendance like Disney, eBay, Sirius XM, Fiverr, Penske Media Corporation, The Daily Beast, Money.com, Lifetime, Plarium, Noom, and some that I was told that I cannot legally/contractually name in this blog post 😊
We got so many compliments from people showing up to our Meet Market table on Wednesday thanking us for a successful event, with some even saying it was more productive than the show itself!
Some trends from the show, which echo a few of my 2022 predictions from earlier this year:
– There was lots of talk from both brands and publishers around creating co-branded landing pages, vanity URLs, and exclusive promo codes for strategic partnerships.
– Brands and publishers alike talked about the shift of flat fees and guaranteed dollars to a more ROI-focused, performance model during these uncertain economic times.
– Influencers were a big talking point, with brands not knowing how to recruit these partners, and on the flip side, influencers unsure of how to approach brands. TUNE can help with that on both counts!
– The Great Resignation has left some companies with some poor experiences with their current tracking providers, having a revolving door of inexperienced support and account management help. It was great to hear some TUNE clients specifically call out members of our Onboarding and Support Teams and how they helped resolve problems, educate them on getting the most out of their TUNE accounts, and more.
– Cookieless tracking was almost a scary topic at the show, as many brands are not adequately prepared for the upcoming changes from the Apples and Googles of the world.
After TUNE’s Network and Chill event, thousands of digital marketers headed to the Affiliate Ball. The headliner was Harry Mack, who also happens to be a super influencer for one of TUNE’s clients – NordVPN.
On Wednesday morning, things were back to business, despite some affiliate zombies who may or may not have partied too hard the night before. TUNE’s objective for Affiliate Summit East was simple: to let the affiliate world know that there is a better, more flexible, and cookieless solution to track some of the best affiliate, influencer, and partner marketing programs in the space today. Judging by the dozens of follow-up conversations, platform walkthroughs, and new business from the show, I would definitely say it was a glowing success!
If you would like to learn more about how TUNE can help scale your business, please reach out to us at [email protected] today!
Dan Buontempone has been in the partner marketing space since 2006, spending time on the brand, publisher, and agency sides of the business. Dan’s affiliate career has always revolved around connecting some of the best brands and publishers in the industry, and he continues to do that as TUNE’s Business Development Specialist. Nothing excites Dan more than a pixel or postback firing when it’s supposed to! Dan is forever a Long Islander and currently resides in New York’s Hudson Valley, about an hour north of the greatest city in the world.